Waynesboro PA Community Information
Centrally located in the Cumberland Valley of South Central Pennsylvania, Waynesboro is within 80 miles of Baltimore, Maryland and Washington, DC. Fueled by the arrival of many seeking a less hurried lifestyle of big city life, Waynesboro citizens are often quoted as saying " there's no better place anyone would want to live."
A Progressive Small Town
While a strong sense of history and tradition has always been the common bond that unites this small town, residents and local leaders alike have embraced the future and the growth driven by numerous relocators coming to the greater Waynesboro area from nearby population centers of Hagerstown, Frederick, and the Baltimore area. In preparation for current and future growth, Waynesboro is in the midst of change. Town planners are making sure abundant green space is guaranteed along with the overall quality of life while allowing for construction of new homes and businesses. If you are seeking to relocate to a South Central Pennsylvania town where life is relaxed and abundant amenities of natural beauty and recreational opportunities are enjoyed, we encourage you to visit Waynesboro, Pennsylvania.
Quick Facts About Waynesboro
- Population Waynesboro Area - 9,614* (*2000 Census)
- Population Franklin County - 137,409
- Annual Average Temperature - 51 degrees
- Annual Average Rainfall - 42 inches
- Waynesboro Land Area - 2.5 square miles
Waynesboro Real Estate Relocation Experts
If you are thinking about relocating to the Cumberland Valley area of South Central Pennsylvania and Waynesboro, why not request your FREE Buyers Guide . For a simpler way of life, we can't recommend anywhere more conducive than Waynesboro. One visit and you will agree! Contact us, the Lane Thrush Team for all your Waynesboro, Greencastle, Chambersburg and Shippensburg real estate homebuying needs.
- Cable: Comcast Cable 800-995-6545
- Electric: Allegheny Power 800-255-3443
- Natural Gas: Borough of Waynesboro 717-762-4814, Outside of Boro: PPL Utilities 800-652-0550
- Phone: EMBARQ-800-829-8009
- Sewer & Water: Borough of Waynesboro 717-762-2101. Outside of the Borough of Waynesboro: Washington Township M.A. 717-762-3108
Would you like to search for homes for sale in Waynesboro now?