Community Information - Shippensburg PA
Small Town Character
Centrally located between larger population centers of Harrisburg, PA and Frederick, MD, Shippensburg is an All-American small town where history, volunteerism, and character run deep. When asked to describe Shippensburg, residents will say, "it's a place where everyone's friendly and everyone knows each other." If you are seeking to relocate to a South Central Pennsylvania town where life is filled with a sense of rich history, scenic beauty, and great recreational opportunities, welcome to Shippensburg, Pennsylvania!
Education & Progress
Home to Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania, this nationally recognized institution founded in 1871 has been tapped by The U.S. News & World Report as one of the top public universities in the North in its book "America's Best Colleges 2006." In its annual rankings for colleges and universities located in the North, Shippensburg University is tied for ninth among the top regional public institutions and tied for 50th among all institutions. Shippensburg University is a member of the 14 state university system called the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE).
Quick Facts About Shippensburg
- Population Shippensburg Area - 5,582* (*2000 Census)
- Population Cumberland County - 213,674, Franklin County 137,409
- Annual Average Temperature - 51 degrees
- Annual Average Rainfall - 41 inches
- Shippensburg Land Area - 2.5 square miles
Shippensburg Real Estate Relocation Experts
If you are thinking about relocating to the Franklin or Cumberland County area, we recommend you request your FREE Relocation Guide. Why not consider taking a tour of Shippensburg. It would be our pleasure to point out the various historical sites, parks and homes for sale in Shippensburg. Be sure to contact us, the Lane Thrush Team for all your Shippensburg, Chambersburg, Waynesboro, and Greencastle real estate homebuying needs.
- Cable: Comcast Cable 800-934-6489
- Electric: Penelec 800-545-7741 or Adam's Electric Cooperative 888-232-6732
- Natural Gas: PPL Utilities 800-652-0550
- Phone: EMBARQ-800-829-8009
- Sewer: Shippensburg Borough Authority 717-532-2147, Outside of Boro: Cumberland-Franklin Joint Municipal Authority 717-532-6949
- Water: Shippensburg Borough Authority 717-532-2147
Would you like to search for homes for sale in Shippensburg now?